Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excited to Jump Into Modular!
Staff
Excited to Jump Into Modular!

Hello everyone! So I have been doing some research for the past several months on Eurorack and I'm finally wanting to pull the plug on buying my first modules! So I'm wanting to use my eurorack for experimental sound design as well as facilitating/augmenting my workflow for making Afrobeats and Hip-Hop music. I'm attracted to the modular synthesis world since I want to make music away from my computer and I'm intrigued with using CV and randomness to create surprises in the sound design space. I'm wanting to basically mess around with my synth while also recording my sessions into my DAW via my audio interface. Here is a link to the rack that I'm intending on building (note I won't be buying all of these modules all at once): https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1720698.

Here is a breakdown on what I want to achieve from each module:

• I really like physical modeling so I'm picking up Rings here
  • Picking up Plaits and Castor and Pollox for the versatility and the sound
  • Maths, Quad VCA, PNW, STMIX, and Panmix for utilities
  • Disting mk4 for the versatility
  • Morphagene to sample and "chop" incoming audio and create interesting textures (will also load reels when I'm not sampling incoming audio)
  • Beads for the granular synthesis stuff as I use granular synthesis in my music
  • Squid Salmple to load up drums and trigger via Pams or my sequencer (ofc it does more than this but this is the primary use case I was thinking of)
  • MUM M8 and 2hp LPF for filters
  • Rainmaker for the multi tap delay

I currently have a 0-coast that I will use with the eurorack and a Keystep pro to sequence everything. Since I'm very much a beginner -- and I don't know what I'm doing -- I'd love some feedback on this rack. Are there any modules that I should add/remove? I'm also conflicted on if I should get the Rainmaker or the Mimeophon. Does anyone have experience with the two? Thanks for checking this out Smile !

Edit: Thank you all for the wonderful advice and feedback! I'm going to buy a Tiptop Mantis case tonight and start off small with more modulation sources. Cheers!

submitted by /u/sfjaf
[link] [comments]