Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what gear/modules do you own that are completely unique?
Staff
what gear/modules do you own that are completely unique?

i'm looking to start a list of mods (like maths, polygogo, acid rain maestro, mimeophon, endorphin.es ground control, panharmonium, starlab, castor & pollux) that are, in your eyes, irreplaceable. not necessarily your "favorite" or the "best" modules, just ones that are particularly special or difficult to replicate.

EDIT: i think a lot of people are missing the point with the inclusion of maths, so i'll clarify! i'm aware there's nothing particularly unique or special about it from a technical standpoint (i own several modules like it lol), but in terms of ease of use, having an unusually large number of users (leading to things like individual-made guides), and the actual physical design (i find the layout particularly nice, i guess?) count as things that make a module special. everyone seems to be taking the whole "unique" thing really, really literally! i'm very much aware that virtually everything in modular is a series of the exact same functions in different combinations; i'm looking for modules that guide you towards those combinations in particularly unique/convenient/useful ways.

ex: even though i think endorphin.es grand terminal is amazing, i can get almost identical results using a few of their other mods instead, so i'd skip it on this particular list. however, i'd totally include something like maths, because even though it doesn't have as many "fancy" features (like the crazy amount of fx in grand terminal), you can do way more with it in terms of complex patching.

submitted by /u/noahvirgile
[link] [comments]