Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beginner question on path to take
Staff
Beginner question on path to take

Hello,

So I have no modular experience apart from playing with VCV rack which was nice, but using computers for music is not really my thing.

Anyway I have only a small home setup which is a Elektron Digitakt (sampler, drums, sequencer) and a Digitone (FM synth), I love them to bits, especially the arps.

As I like ambient music I've been looking at effects pedals (Specular Tempus, Bigsky, Microcosm etc) to add some of those lovely reverbs and shimmers. I don't have a lot of space so I'm looking further down the line and I don't want lots of pedals all over the place.

I hoping to get one pedal (£400-£500) but someone said to me why not build a very small modular setup to do this, plus leave a small amount of space for anything else you want later. It got me thinking. I know it will cost more, but that's ok.

I have no idea where to start here on what I would need as I'd like to send my Digitone/Digitakt through to it and the output I'd like to my headphone or speakers.

Can anyone recommend a setup, I don't mind spending a few pounds. For the case I see some use the Niftycase or Powered 4ms pods, then I's need something to send the midi and audio through and another for the outputs (mixer?) and some sort of effects module(s). As you can see I'm a little lost.

If anyone has time to list a small setup that would be so kind and I will then go off and do some research on each and cost it up.

Thanks

submitted by /u/G0nz0uk
[link] [comments]