Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Questions before I take the plunge
Staff
#1
0
0
Questions before I take the plunge

Hi all, and merry crimbo! Hope the Fat Man's emptied his sack in a pleasing fashion for you all.

I've got a number of semi-modular synths, but have come to the conclusion that the easiest way to get the progress I want is to build up a "utility box" of modules to integrate things. I know bugger-all about modular/eurorack gear, so hopefully you lovely lot can help guide my credit-card hand.

I, like everyone I guess, want to be as cheap as possible. No, wait, I want the best value for money. Being cheap is just something that comes naturally, that's different. I'm mostly aiming at Techno, if that has any bearing on anything. I'm not scared of a soldering iron, and I've got a good stack of basic components, so kits are a definite possibility.

I'd like your recommendations for the following - A Power Supply (looking at the Doepfer A-100MNT currently, is that the best bang-fer-buck for a few modules? Probably not more than 10, but then GAS is a thing), A simple, yet versatile clock divider capable of /3 (4ms RCD kit seems pretty good, especially with the expander), A couple of simple-ish drum modules, to be triggered from the RD8. Like maybe an FM drum Maybe an interesting filter, just for laughs.

submitted by /u/Donttouchmybiscuits
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Volt Gen 2 & Volt Max interfaces from Un...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Novation launch the FLpad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Phoenix from Spitfire Audio & BT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Sonuscore The Pulse: Synth Wave & Epic A...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Strymon launch the La Brea
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Sync Audio release MegaMorph
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Wes Audio unveil the ngOmniBox
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Polarity-MEQ, GRNi Lite, Lega Effect: Fr...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:16 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Ambient Machines: 5 Synths and Devices f...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:16 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5