Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alesis Quadraverb 2 purchase issues. Should I keep it?
Staff
Alesis Quadraverb 2 purchase issues. Should I keep it?

Hello, I think this may be my first post on reddit. Hopefully, you all will be nice! Haha.

I just received an Alesis Quadraverb 2 today that I purchased through Reverb. It has a few issues. First the good. The screen isn't perfect, but is not a problem to read at all and is plenty bright. I hooked up my Ensoniq ESQ-1 to it and the effects seem to be working fine. I'm not an expert by any means, but trying a few presets sounds great to me!

Here are the issues. The power button I have to push in further than I think is normal for it to click and stay on. So I have some concern this may go out eventually. Does anyone know if this is an easy fix if it does?

The user presets had weird characters and when I clicked on each one it would say "Bad Program". I did a factory reset and now the programs are blank now (of course), but don't say "Bad Program" any more, so hopefully that is fixed. However, the bad, in figuring out how to do a factory reset, I accidentally pushed the wrong button which put it through a series of tests. In those tests I get the messages "processor SRAM ok", "Midi Jack Bad", "Optical Bad", "SRAM Good", "Checksum Ok".

I'm pretty much a noob to this stuff. I am not really sure whether I would ever need the midi jack or optical connections. All I am looking for is an outboard effects unit for my ESQ-1, my Akai S3000XL and maybe eventually guitar and vocals. I thought about getting the eb-16 board for the S3000XL, but a quadraverb seemed like a better investment since I could use it with multiple things. It looks like I could get 2 or 3 quadraverbs for one eb-16 board.

In conclusion, I think it should be fine for my needs. But if anyone thinks I am going to regret not having the midi or optical, please let me know. Thanks!

submitted by /u/ParrotlikeChafe
[link] [comments]