Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Temps Utile - detailed questions!
Staff
Temps Utile - detailed questions!

I have some questions about this module for anyone who knows it well!

1. can it work as a tap-tempo clock generator using 2+ trigs from the T1/T2 inputs? This isn't a deal-breaker as I think I could use my Disting mk1 for this in tap tempo LFO mode, or maybe somehow come up with the cash for a Rebel Tech Chronos
  2. can the CV assignments work across more than 1 channel? for example could I use CV1 to change the pulse-width on the channels going to outs 3, 5 and 6?
  3. if the above is possible, are there any scaling/mapping functions within the settings for CV assignments to multiple params in the same or different channels? For example to invert CV for some parameters, or to halve its amount for some params. I'm guessing it's just a simple 1:1 mapping but it would be really nice if this was possible
  4. If I do get the module and manage to set it up to my liking, can I use it as 'set and forget' - i.e. it will remember the active settings on power cycle and I would never need to go near the menus/config stuff ever again unless I really want to.
  5. Are all the functions expecting Trigs only? For example if I want to use the burst generator for channel 4, can it respond to the length or voltage level of a Gate? Or is it 1-shot trigger only?

I'd probably like to use it like this:

- outputs 1, 2 and 3 for CV-able Mult/Div clocks from T1, using CV1, CV2 and CV3, ideally some with CV4-controlled pulse width
- channel 4 as burst generator from T2
- channels 5 and 6 set divisions but with variable pulse width from CV4

Basically I'm trying to decide between this and QCD. I have a bunch of -5 to +5 dc shifters/offsets, which I'd patch any CV into if needed (Bubblesound LVLrm) so the lack of direct control doesn't bother me, and I prefer the jack layout of the TU. Wondering if there's any other options for what I want to do?

Thanks for any answers!

submitted by /u/gigachugger
[link] [comments]