Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First synth - deluge vs minilogue vs digitone?
Staff
First synth - deluge vs minilogue vs digitone?

hey folks! i'm hoping to purchase my first synth and am looking for some advice choosing between a few. i play piano and guitar and have been wanting to get into making music with synthesis for quite some time now but it's still fairly new to me. i've been leaning more towards hardware as it gives the same feeling as playing an instrument hands on. i was initially drawn to the op-1 for it's all-in-one capabilities and portability but after doing some reading (and that price) i decided to look at alternatives and came across the deluge. from what i've read it can do all the op-1 can and is highly recommended by tons of people (plus it's cheaper). the only drawback for me would be that the learning curve seems a little steep for a beginner.

the other synth i was considering was the minilogue. looking through a bunch of similar threads it seems like the minilogue is a more affordable choice for a beginner, has the classic analog sound, and kind of teaches you about synthesis in a hands on way as you experiment with it. i'm also curious about the digitone as i've watched quite a few videos of the music people create with it and dig it's sounds and tones.

i'm interested in making ambient, lofi, and chillhop tracks as well as experimenting with my own vocal samples/sounds found in nature. i've been leaning towards the deluge as i'm also a dancer and it seems like a sweet tool to compose for/be integrated into live performances. i just worry about spending a ton of $$$ on an instrument that's a bit beyond my knowledge. any advice is much appreciated, thank you for your help!

submitted by /u/dannydorritoes
[link] [comments]