Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RackBrute 3U - First modules for beginner project for review and recomendations
Staff
RackBrute 3U - First modules for beginner project for review and recomendations

Hi all,

This looks like an amazing site so glad to have found it. I have an MiniBrute 2 with the patch bay and love it. I am now considering getting a 3U RackBrute as it looks like a handy system to compliment the MB2. For a long time I used Blofeld synth so learned a lot about complex patching and I am hoping I can get a handle on physical modules. My favourite synth albums are things like Popol Vuh - Affenstunde, Tangerine Dream - Zeit and the mad modular synth on Sextant by Herbie Hancock so weird dissonance and dark ambient is my thing. Slow evolving drones and noise fragments. I don't want a massive system as I don't have the money or space, so I prefer to have a self imposed limit of 3U and keep to under £1000. Maybe have a "one in one out" policy for modules.

I have done some research, watched some videos and thought about the sounds I like.

My first picks were as follows although I need to double check they will fit depthwise in the RackBrute!

Any thoughts on whether this set up will do what I want it to do and any alternative module suggestions will be appreciated!

Thanks in advanceSmile

Mutable Instruments Tides

This seems to to a ton of cool modulation stuff in one box and I am not afraid to read a manual to learn it. I was also looking at Stages but Tides seems a bit more immediate.

Doepfer A-137-1 Wave Multiplier

I love the timbre of wave folding and videos seem to suggest there is a world of interesting tones here. I like how each section offers individual CV control. Suggests there could be some possibilities of interesting evolving sounds in conjunction with Tides.

Happy Nerding 3 x VCA

Seems essential and will expand the MB2s single VCA. In fact I suspect I should get two of these.

Doepfer A-180-2 Multiples

Just a handy utility, again maybe two needed.

Erica Synths Pico Out

I aim to feed the MB2 into various modules to further mangle the sound and then send out through the RackBrute and this seems like a nice basic module.

submitted by /u/ghjdksla
[link] [comments]