Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Tips for finding a good bass sound for a guitar-oriented song?
Staff
#1
0
0
Tips for finding a good bass sound for a guitar-oriented song?

I'm recording a song that's based around guitars — kind of a lo-fi indie/alt sound. I managed to play the guitar, but I don't have/play bass. Does anyone have advice for finding a good synth bass sound (doesn't have to sound like an electric bass, but has to fill that spot/frequency range in the song), or writing a synth bass part that fits with a more electric-guitar-type song? Any examples of bands that do this well?

I'm having trouble finding something that really fits. The bass either seems to stand out too much or has no definition/presence whatsoever. And I feel like if I play it at the same octave as a bass guitar, it feels like it doesn't sound deep enough.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Actual_Barnacle
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Overtonium Is A Free, Open-Source Additi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Woovebox Packs A Synth, Sampler And Sequ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Free Emulator Brings Waldorf Wave Sound ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Polyend Intros Loop 8-Track Performance ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Boss launch the EX-4 Effects Expander
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 03:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Native Instruments update Maschine
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 03:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Shear Electronics Reliq Meets Anthony Ma...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 03:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Finalist 2 from Tim Exile
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 02:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
Two notes to launch the Captor X Pro
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 02:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9