Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which hardware for sequencing with 5 midi units
Staff
Which hardware for sequencing with 5 midi units

So... I’m a noob midi guy. Been playing guitar and bass for a long time but bought a few synths/drum machine in the last few years and I want to plug all them together via MIDI so they play nice and all. But I need help.

The roster - elektron digitone - bass station II - elektron modelConfusedample - volca beats - boss rc300 -boss ES8

So..the idea was to use the elektron as the main sequencer (digitone has 4 midi tracks!) BUT it doesn’t have a song mode (my bad, should’ve checked but I thought it was a given) so we are stuck. I know there’s a workaround to song mode with MIDI messages but we’d like to keep it on the simpler side.

Right now.

Sequencing instruments in digitone Using digitone midi track to control the bass station Sending clock and midi info to model sample, volca beat and rc300

Expected results We would like a piece of hardware where we could program our patterns, press play and our backing tracks would play as expected, without us doing a single thing.

Play. Sequences/patterns are launched on devices. They drop in and out because we programmed them that way. They stop at the end of the sequence.

Question: Is there a machine that can do that? Master clock, send midi program change, save multiple songs?

If not, we are thinking of using the ES8 as a MIDI program change master. Use 4 or 5 of the switches per patch (still need some for effects) to start patterns on the digitone, and its sequencer would take care of the modelConfusedample, bass station and volca beats.

Any direction or hardware suggestions?

submitted by /u/Bassman1976
[link] [comments]