Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
JX3P or JX8P, and which is better in a modern setup?
Staff
#1
0
0
JX3P or JX8P, and which is better in a modern setup?

I know there’s probably no definitive answer about this and opinions will vary, but I value those opinions. Smile

What I know for sure is that I love that mid 80s JX sound. What I’m less sure about is which model I want, but I believe I’ve narrowed it down to these two obviously most popular models. I’m only searching listings that include the PG programmer for each respective machine.

I’ve read mixed things about the midi implementations on each of them and I am trying to decide which would be the easiest to slot into a modern recording rig. I also welcome general opinions about the sounds, features etc. of the two machines.

If it helps, I absolutely love the sound of my 106 and I have the impression that these machines are kind of like a Juno with two oscillators, which would be the dream. I know there are other differences, but perhaps we can approach this in terms of which of them might feel/sound most familiar to me as a Juno owner.

submitted by /u/No-Satisfaction7842
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Polyend introduce the Loop
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:54 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Waves introduce Tracks Live 2.0
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:54 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
SoundBridge 3.2.0 arrives
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:54 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Kreuzberg Audio reveal Oberton
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:54 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
The Crow Hill Company release Children’s...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:54 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Neumann launch the KK 104 A & KK 105 A
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:54 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
LW6 wireless headphones from Lewitt Audi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:54 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Avalanche Tones introduce Noise Suite
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:15 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Apple Mac Studio with M5 Max: First Impr...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:15 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4