Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sequential Rev2 module + Arturia MKII 49 keys VS Rev2 with keyboard
Staff
Sequential Rev2 module + Arturia MKII 49 keys VS Rev2 with keyboard

Hey, everyone.

I am about to buy a Rev2 with 8 voices from Sequential. In E.U it's not easy to find a Rev2 in stock in the stores to try it out (Maybe in Thomann?). Because of that, I am trying to check the videos and pick the right choice for me regarding space but as well regarding gear flow when it comes to composing or doing some lives.

Currently, I own a midi controller from Arturia, the MK II with 49 keys. It comes with midi in/out and has 8 knobs and 8 faders extra. The feeling with the keyboard is pretty good and soft, but as well limited with 49 keys( 4 octaves).

So I don't know which combo could work better: Rev2 module controlled by Arturia or Rev2 itself with the keyboard. I would like to know how is the feeling of the keyboard from Sequential. I read they are high quality, if someone had the chance to try both keyboards (Arturia and sequential) I would really appreciate some feedback.

Another blocker for the module is the 49 keys VS 64 from the inbuild Rev2. I am not sure how likely I found myself playing 5 octaves difference with 2 hands, but can happen of course.

Last but not least, is the space. The 64 keyboards can be really cool but need to be a really wise choice because the flat I am currently living in is not a palace regarding size, so a big down of getting huge keyboards.

Having this info, anyone could provide some experience of the feeling of Rev2 keyboards VS Arturia, and if it's worth it to spend it in 64 keys over a midi controller with 49?

submitted by /u/insert-values
[link] [comments]