Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your average noob asking advice on their rack
Staff
Your average noob asking advice on their rack

Hello all!

*Update: removed the plonk and octo vca, and switched the Mimeophon for the Morphagene because that was the one that I thought I added. I'll fill in that gap once I sort through your many wonderful recommendations. I also took out the Qu-Bit chord, because I only see myself using it as a droneish thing and I can use Plaits' chord mode for that. *

I've been looking around here for a while, but this is my first post here. Just your run-of-the-mill user asking for advice/constructive criticism/thoughts on my rack. Here's my link to the ModularGrid page. And a picture too:

https://preview.redd.it/p806fajpf1e81.jpg?width=1121&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=aa16f24ac1b2eba378de5fd9e4bab09c0fc57f80

Now for the details:

I'm interested in generative /ambient type stuff.

I already have a Behringer Neutron, which has two voices, two envelopes, an LFO, a S&H, a meh delay and a meh overdrive.

I've already bought the case - a TipTop Mantis - and the Plaits. They haven't arrived yet, they're on their way. I'm not gonna buy everything all at once - probably a one module at a time situation.

And my questions:

I'm wondering speficially about the Plonk - the ambient music that I've listened to doesn't use much drums. Is it good value for the HP? Should I keep it? I'm also wondering if there's any blatant utilities that I'm missing. And do I have too many voices for the amount of utilities? I also wouldn't mind suggestions of chord modules that take up less HP.

Of course, general advice/thoughts/critiques are also appreciated. And I think that covers it! Thanks for your feedback!

submitted by /u/SpectroTheSixth
[link] [comments]