Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CENTRAL FLORIDA MEETUP PLANS!!!!!!
Staff
CENTRAL FLORIDA MEETUP PLANS!!!!!!

Hey everyone! I’m in the process of setting up a meetup in Central Florida, Bradenton specifically, for next month, Friday the 25th as of right now.

Full disclosure, I’ve never done anything like this before!! I’m excited to meet others in the community that has made such an impact on my life and I’m nervous about doing it in a way that turns you guys off!!

If you have any experience setting these things up, if you’ve been to other events, please! Tell me what you liked, what you didn’t like, what you would have liked to have seen happen, anything to help me make this the best that it can be, something that will encourage the venue to allow us to do it again in the future!!

If you are in the area!! Please shoot me a message with some contact information so I can put together a mailing list of some sort, it could simply be just an “I’m interested “ and I’ll right your Reddit handle down and send you the finer details as I work them out!!

The venue that I’ve chosen is a Kava bar called Manna Tea and Kava, they have a stage and regularly have events like open mic as well as fire and flow. The Friday that I’m looking to do it is also a Fire and Flow night. My plan is to host the event during the mid/late afternoon, through the evening then have a performance/open stage type of thing at the end.

I don’t want to plan too much because I want to be prepared for things to not go the way I plan. My loose plan involves some meet and greet time with snack early on, some show and tell time, some sort of workshop type deal and finally the performances by those who attend if they would like to show off!

Please let me know what you think, any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated!! And again, message me or comment if you’re interested in being added to my mailing list and I’ll keep you informed on the details!

submitted by /u/Iamloghead
[link] [comments]