Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Niftycase Audio Input Mod
Staff
Niftycase Audio Input Mod

What's up guys?

So, I have recently acquired a Cre8audio Niftycase and have been since wondering whether it'd be possible to build an XLR/1/4" audio input jack into it. I have searched the internet for people who might have done such a mod, but sadly found none.

I think the trickiest part of this would be the fact that it would take a preamp circuit (which would probably need to be powered) to get mic levels – let alone instrument levels, but that's what DIs are for – to eurorack levels on the way in (right?) but I have no clue how that would work out.

The intention here is to be able to feed the case an input signal from a dynamic mic (or, as previously stated, a DI'd instrument) and have a 3.5mm breakout at the front pannel so that I could pass that signal on to a granular processor.

I guess this preamp wouldn't, however, need its own attenuator, given that I'd be able to run the signal into one of the system's own attenuators before it reaches the module that would do the actual processing – just toss the average SM57 signal to the 10dB range and it's on!

Getting an audio input/interface module isn't an idea I'm really into, since I'd have to give up one (or more) of the modules I have planned for this particular system – that is owing to the fact that I live in Brazil and, considering current tax rates here, buying a second case/starting a second standalone system is completely out of the question – this case is the only place I'll be able to fit modules for a while, so I have to make its real estate count.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Is this doable? Thanks a lot in advance!

submitted by /u/PikachuOfme_irl
[link] [comments]