Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Live Rig for Duo.
Staff
Live Rig for Duo.

Hi all:

Would any seasoned analog guys/gals want to field some questions about putting together a live rig for a duo? If so here is the lowdown:

We are a guitarist and bassist who both sing. We've got a Korg Prologue and an Ensoniq TS-12 that we will both end up playing at different times throughout the set and may even use our DDD-5 at some point or another.

There will be drum tracks/synth tracks that we need to run and we may also need to send midi to the Prologue and/or the TS-12 for some of the songs. We absolutely do not want to rely on a computer. So...there are several ways that [I THINK] we can go about it. I've toyed around with using an MPC1000 or MPC Live, an MC-50 (for the synths), or an SP-404. But there may be a better alternative.

My concerns are: 1) Levels of triggered tracks to ensure we maintain a good mix throughout our set. 2) If using an MPC, should I throw the whole drum kit on one pad to trigger it? Or split each drum to different tracks and run them as a song rather than just triggering a sample (if that makes sense, I may be missing something here). 3) We'll just be using stage monitors. Is there a smooth way to incorporate count-ins that I'm not thinking of?

I grew up playing in DIY punk and grunge types of bands. So this is all fairly new to me. Feel free to be as elementary and descriptive as you think you need to be.

Thanks all

submitted by /u/tinge_
[link] [comments]