Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Im letting go of the plasma coil :( But heres the VP330 going through it
Staff
Im letting go of the plasma coil Sad But heres the VP330 going through it

Well actually its the behringer VC340 but a lot of people say its almost dead on

https://soundcloud.com/doodle-son/vp330-through-plasma-coil (for whatever reason its hard panned to the left even though it played fine through audacity so thats cool). Wouldnt recommend listening to the whole thing. Just skim. I did almost everything that was possible. In the last segment I played a little raw VP330 with glide Smile

My goal with this was to see if I could produce something "melancholy" / lush to keep it. Lush sounds play a very important part in my pallet and this WAS my first pedal so Id do anything to justify keeping it. Unfortunately it didnt really make the cut IMO but here it is anyways because Ive only seen it used on drums and bassy sounds / harsh leads :/

In a way it adds a very charming lofi grit to it. Especially when I turn on the chorus, it almost sounds like its being played through a early 2000s flip phone - which is an aesthetic I dig. Maybe one day she'll come back to my set up but for now I want the money to go towards a moog grandmother or a rtym mk2 (havent really decided yet).

The plasma coil barley got any use out of me aside from my bass. Its very good at what it does but its rather one dimensional and in this economy Id rather have something Id use.

Edit: I made a reverb + delay + transient shaping + fixed panning version. https://soundcloud.com/doodle-son/vp330-through-plasma-coil-reverb-delay-edition A little better but its still a pass from me Sad

submitted by /u/fluffyice34
[link] [comments]