Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For Yamaha Vss-30 owners
Staff
For Yamaha Vss-30 owners

I recently got one from eBay, but experiencing some strange things and would like to know from other users that got this little sampler if it is normal or I should send it back...

-When sampling I really need to shout or to sing/talk at 1cm from the microphone grill, otherwise it listens for a vocal sample forever, really high volume source needed, hard to trigger the sample record above threshold and this usually results in strong clicks/pops in sample tail (the manual says "record birds singing"........)

-The ECHO seems linked to RELEASE TIME, when I edit the ECHO it also modifies the release time when I switch ECHO off... and only editing ECHO I can get an higher release time (if I just sample then press RELEASE and "+", I just can't get far into long release times as when editing the echo time that reflects into release time even when the first is disabled)

-Using the stock sounds for example, even trying to do the "helicopter" (instr. manual hint), so marimba + clicking on "reverse", it always first plays a repeated section of normal marimba notes and only then starts playing the reversed ones

-In general, the sampled voice max volume is lower than stock sounds

-Whenever I click a button I can hear a slight electrical noise, and a "pink noise" hiss is always present in the output (both speaker and line out)

It is really important to me as I can't find answers to these specific problems on the web and it is the only way to evaluate this thing before sending it back! I don't know (if broken) if it is worth fixing or is better to look for another one.

Thanks a lot

submitted by /u/Vannixxo
[link] [comments]