Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What is the best keyboard/synthesizer to buy for jazz & funk under 2000?
Staff
#1
0
0
What is the best keyboard/synthesizer to buy for jazz & funk under 2000?

Hello everyone!

I'm a guitar player looking to buy a keyboard/synthesizer for jazz and & funk but the amount of choices/information is very overwhelming. This is what I would like to get:

I would love something that can play many sounds (f.e. the rhodes sound). I love many sounds used by groups such as 'earth, wind and fire', 'gazerra', 'Casitopea', 'T-square' and so on. I would also love to be able to simulate the more mellow, jazzy piano sound. Something that I can also play classical with would be nice as well.

Preferably, it would be possible to use the piano on stage. 88 keys would be nice but it's not a must. A build-in speaker would be nice as well but it's also not necessary.

So far I've looked into keyboards such as 'korg sv-2', 'roland juno ds88', 'Korg Nautilus 88' and many others but I can't decide which one would suit my need the best.

Any information/ recommendations would be very helpful!

Thank you in advance for your help!

Edit: Thank you guys so much for your overwhelming help and the many recommendations! You're all amazing people and an amazing community!

submitted by /u/4_dimentional_chess
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Adam Jones’ Guitar Tone: Sound Like Tool...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:09 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Gluon, DRUMFLX, BIT LAYER: Free Plugins ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:09 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
10 Minutes with HUM 2 : Nystrom Instrume...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:09 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Buchla Ziggy Synthesizer Now Expected To...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
SynthSkool Intros Degauss Vintage Synth ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Ocean Swift Intros Wave Editor For Mac &...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Free Evolving Drone And String Synth : K...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Spectral Sound Morpher : Dystopian Waves...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Free Four-Track Recorder For Windows : F...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6