Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Casio SK-1 turns on fine but I get no sound
Staff
Casio SK-1 turns on fine but I get no sound

Hello! I'm not sure if this is the right sub for questions like this so please direct me elsewhere if that's not the case. I also have little electronics knowledge so bare with me for a second.

Long story short I scored a cheap Casio SK-1 but it's not working as intended. No matter if I'm using batteries or a power adapter (7.5v, negative polarity), it turns on fine but no sound comes out - the only difference is that when I'm using the power adapter, I hear a constant and loud humming noise. Tried the headphone jack as well and no luck either. I opened it up, gave a good clean to the contacts and still nothing. The volume appears to be working as intended as the low background white noise increases and decreases accordingly but when I press a key I hear nothing and no difference in the said noise.

Now this one was certainly opened before as there was a wire very lousy soldered between the negative wire (I think) that comes from the batteries compartment to the DC input. Why would that be there? I unsoldered it and put everything back but still no sound. I'm assuming it's something in the amp not getting the 7.5v it needs but that's just a guess and I'd have no idea how to test it or fix it. I also read somewhere the keyboard is supposed to automatically turn off after 7 minutes but that has not happened...

Does this sound like it's fixable and worth investigating or is it better to just leave it alone? Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/joaomakesgames
[link] [comments]