Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My beloved S2000 just died but I think it's an easy fix. What do you think?
Staff
My beloved S2000 just died but I think it's an easy fix. What do you think?

Hello all! Well, I know the S2000 is not the most loved piece of gear around and some might consider it a door holder,but I really love this machine. It was my first "MIDI" thing and what hook me into the "synth" universe.

I bought it 3 years ago for US$40 from a relatively old man who used to make jingles. I used it heavilly for a short period of time, when I was trying to make DnB, then I stop using it that much. A few months ago, probmes started whe it won't power on. At first, I thought it was dust, so I opened up and clean it and it power on again. Then, it won't power on, so I do the same procedure, and was a little bit more difficult, but power on again after I touch and move some cables near (what I think) is the power supply

And then this problem become frequent, so every time it won't power on, I just give him a good-old tap or hit on the back and inmediatly power on again, but now, nothing seems to work and I'm afraid to touch things, bc, I could get electrocuted (I have get shocks before with other equipmen). It seems to be some electrical issue. I know you may say it doesn't worth to fix it, but you guys think I can save this piece of gear? I know is difficult to diagnose just by these words, but, what an expert should look in order to fix it? Is this a common problem in this sampler?

Im aware it's an old machine, but I don't want to throw it away. Any help is welcome

submitted by /u/spdhc
[link] [comments]