Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing out Bastl CV Trinity... for different modulation options.
Staff
Changing out Bastl CV Trinity... for different modulation options.

I've pretty much decided to move away from my Bastl CV Trinity for modulation duties, specifically LFOs and envelopes. While, it has a ton of options in terms of modulation and cross modulation, clockability, tons of LFO options, etc. - I never liked that you have 3 knobs for everything. So playability in a live environment is a bit more cumbersome. Also, I never jived with the knob recorder mode. Looking at the output on a scope, it never matches what you actually record. Or I could never figure out how to get an exact match. So here I am like most others at some point trying to pull out a piece of the puzzle to replace it with another or others.

So analyzing my rack, I have some LFOs in there already with RLFO, PAMs (if not used for all clocking), and MATHs. I could add in a module to spicen things up a bit more. How 'bout Clep Diaz? I think it would add some playable more controllable random stepped modulation. Yeah you can do it with PAMs and with RLFO, but Clep Diaz looks like it does it better.

For envelopes, I think throwing in Pip Slope would be a good move. Each knob is dedicated which I like. The envelopes sound snappy. I still have MATHs to add one or two more, etc. Then as an additional module that could keep things interesting and give several options uPeaks - envelopes, LFOs, etc.

To fill things out - which I've already bought - go with NE's Bin Seq to add some playable gate sequencing. My main sequencing comes from an OXI ONE. I'm sure I could do the same gate sequencing with the OXI, but like the idea of the immediacy from the Bin Seq.

Finally, other ideas are to remove the PM Giraffe - inverting mixer - and replace with 2HP Mix. I don't like the ergonomics of the Giraffe and most use it as a summing mixer for my drums. It does have some versatility as an inverting 2+2 mixer, but I'd love to add in the MAFD to MIDI control my DFAM. I know the 2HP Mix is smaller, but ergonomics with the Giraffe and its layout are bad as it is. If I were to ditch the MAFD idea I'd still replace the Giraffe with the Acid Rain Junction, which is much more ergonomical and does the same thing and more - offsets. If I don't go with the uPeaks another option would be to throw in a 4HP logic module, like Instruo's Eas. Less LFO, envelope options, but a different type of flavor added.

Thoughts?

Here's my current rack:

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1909653

Here's what modifications looks like:

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1888789

submitted by /u/D1zzzle
[link] [comments]