Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Yamaha SY77: yay or nay?
Staff
#1
0
0
Yamaha SY77: yay or nay?

Long story short, I`ve been craving for a DX7 for a while now but couldn`t find a decent priced one yet (maybe everything does happen for a reason), but lately I`ve "discovered" the SY77 which for some reason I never gave attention to. I`ve been reading some previous posts on this sub about it and everyone confirmed that it`s a beast, like a DX7 on steroids. Smile)

I`ve found a decent priced one, a bit beat up on one side and with the volume faders caps missing, floppy drive and card slots untested, but after watching some restorations videos on YT, I`d take it as a project.

I would use it along with my Digitakt and looking to get long evolving pads out it and I`m also a fan of the 80`s music looking to play famous-cheesy hooks that instantly put a smile on your face.

So what do you think? Is it worth buying for around 300$ or maybe I should save up a bit more and go for an early Motif? (please consider the nostalgia factor as well for the SY77 Tongue )

Cheers!

submitted by /u/zgribleah
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Buchla Ziggy Synthesizer Now Expected To...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
SynthSkool Intros Degauss Vintage Synth ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Ocean Swift Intros Wave Editor For Mac &...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Free Evolving Drone And String Synth : K...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Spectral Sound Morpher : Dystopian Waves...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Free Four-Track Recorder For Windows : F...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Hands-On True-Stereo Algorithmic Reverb ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:42 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Overtonium Is A Free, Open-Source Additi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Woovebox Packs A Synth, Sampler And Sequ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5