Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with Akai AX60 LED Slider replacement mod resistor values?
Staff
Help with Akai AX60 LED Slider replacement mod resistor values?

Hello everyone.

I recently got an Akai AX60 that I am currently restoring. So far has been so good in repairing some dead voices thanks to this very informative YouTube tutorial made by GOLT!

/watch?v=VZs4xwqsr7c

I’ve gone as far as to replace the stock sliders with Bourns LED sliders exactly like the same ones used in the video(part PTL30-15R0-103B1) but I’m at a bit of an impasse. I’m really painting by numbers through this tutorial and my electronics background is green enough to leave me with some questions before I can go any further. Currently I have the sliders modified and installed but I don’t know which value exactly of resistor to use per group, or if I have to use different values per group.

I was trying to decipher exactly which value was used in the video but can’t read the bands and it seems getting an answer from the maker himself is not possible. They are not mentioned in the video and he mentions that it really is up to the discretion of the modder dependent on what LED slider color and type is used and how many are grouped in series with each other before being sent off to the power supply. Since I’m basically copying him exactly even down to the exact sliders used, I would’ve loved to have known what was used.

I’ve decided to not replace the sliders for the master volume and level split balance controls, just like in the video.

So if looking from left to right from the Appregio slider control onward, there are 18 sliders that I am left replacing and currently have things laid out exactly like the video for a resistor to be alotted for the first group of 4 sliders, then another resistor for the next group of 4 sliders, then another for the next group of 5 sliders, then a final resistor for the last group of 5 sliders. So it would go as follows below:

1-2-3-4(RESISTOR)-5-6-7-8(RESISTOR)-9-10-11-12-13(RESISTOR)-14-15-16-17-18(RESISTOR)

I’m really afraid of experimenting with values and burning things out as these sliders weren’t exactly cheap. Has anyone done this modification before and can tell me what resistor values may have likely been used in the video? Or could anyone help me in figuring out which value resistor per group should be used to get a nice and comfortable brightness that is consistent through all the sliders? Any help would be graciously appreciated.

submitted by /u/JeanMichelBisquick
[link] [comments]