Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Argon8 as a synth and Midi keyboard
Staff
Argon8 as a synth and Midi keyboard

Hey gang, recently got an Argon8 and damn loving this synth, I cannot wait to spend some time getting into sound design on this.Having some issues with my setup tho.

Ideally I'd like to have the argon synced to the mpc and also use it as a midi keyboard to play other synths / record them into the mpc sequencer.I like the internal argon seq with the mod options but would be fun to also use the MPC1000 (jjos) sequencer for easier jams / changes.

Im losing hair trying to get this to work.I've got the midi in to argon out and midi out of the mpc to argon inI've tried multiple cables so they seem to be ok.I'm getting midi monitor notes in the argon but nothing in the MPC1000

I can sync the argon seq to the mpc and I can play the pads ands trigger the argon but can't get the keyboard to work as a midi keyboard.

Could the usb cable / midi connection to my daw be impacting this feature?Ive done a settings reset, using the right midi channels.Anyone else using an Argon8 as a midikeyboard with external hardware and not the DAW?It works great within my daw and a keyboard which is cool cause its a lovely keyboard but not really what i wanna do with it at this point

any ideas on troubleshooting this settings wise? I suspect it may be internal on the argon8 at this point

Thank you Smile

EDIT - ive tested the MPC with an tiny qy70 to see if the mpc was broken on the mpc and it works via that painful little bit of plastic, monitor is working via it too. Bit stumped but ive emailed Modal Support for help

submitted by /u/default99
[link] [comments]