Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Engineering Project - Analog to Digital Synthesizer
Staff
#1
0
0
Engineering Project - Analog to Digital Synthesizer

Hey all -

I am an engineering student taking an Analog to Digital class and decided to build a very, very simple analog synthesizer as my final project.

I have 4 months to build this thing - my goal is to produce a true analog sound, amplify it with an Op Amp, and use high resolution potentiometers to play with sound.

Once that is accomplished - I plan to use clocking signals combined with a series of AND gates and some memory to accomplish basic Digital Signal Processing downstream.

My question to this community is: how can I create a true analog sound using simple components (oscillator, resistors, and potentiometers)?

I have the ability to create a PCB once I have the concept down. Thanks for any help you can provide!

submitted by /u/Milo_Mojo
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
MPC2000 Mods by vubeatz: Unlocking Hidde...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:36 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Overtonium, Ultiverb, ENS-86: Free Plugi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:36 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Shure’s MV6 gets Gen 2 upgrade
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:36 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
iFi audio reveal the GR2 MT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:36 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
MOTU Digital Performer 12 now available
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
Roland update Zenology GX for iPad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Volt Gen 2 & Volt Max interfaces from Un...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Novation launch the FLpad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
Phoenix from Spitfire Audio & BT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9