Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digitakt Firmware Update 1.5
Staff
Digitakt Firmware Update 1.5

I just got a Patreon update from Captain Pikant page letting me know there’s a pretty huge update adding machines (!) but I can’t get the Elektron support page to load right now and don’t see the announce elsewhere. I wish the slice machine would be a bit more robust, but I guess they wouldn’t want to nerf the octatrack. Here’s what the Patreon shared:

A very good day for all Digitakt users out there—

Elektron has just released firmware 1.50 for the Digitakt. It introduces a load of awesome features that I honestly never thought would be implemented in the existing hardware:

•Sample rate reduction (on the second filter page)

•Machines (like Syntakt, Rytm or Cycles). There are four of them and they all offer different ways of playing samples. Assign a machine with FUNC + SRC.

-Oneshot machine: The good old Digitakt as we've known it up until now - this simply fires off the sample when triggered.

-Repitch machine: This always keeps a sample loop in sync with the current tempo, pitching it up or down to stretch it to a set number of bars.

-Werp machine: This is basically a neat implementation of the timestretch workaround that people have been doing for a while now. No more tedious setup, this can now be done in a matter of seconds. This is not real timestretching though, more like very crude granular sampling that has its own charm.

-Slice machine: This can cut your sample into 4, 8, 16, 32 or 64 equal pieces. No, unfortunately you can't change the slice start and end points. You can place the slices on the sequencer, fire them off with the Digitakt pads or an external MIDI controller.

•It is now possible to set precise recording lengths (1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128 steps) when sampling. This makes it easy to capture perfect loops at the current tempo of your project. The only thing that's missing: You can't sync the start of the recording to the beginning of the pattern.

Get the firmware update on Elektron's Digitakt support page. It can be uploaded via the Elektron Transfer app.

submitted by /u/reelbigtunakdn
[link] [comments]