Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me research Synth Patch generation?
Staff
Help me research Synth Patch generation?

Hi folks -- I'm a graduate student in Computer Science & one of my projects involves integrating Machine Learning with synthesizers. To do that, we need some data (lots actually). I'm hoping to enlist the help of this community of Synth users / makers / enthusiasts help me out. I've built a simple subtractive synth with FAUST and deployed it online for you to use & save patches. I'm really hoping to get ~100 samples, so your help is much appreciated!!

You can check out the synth here: https://web.cs.dal.ca/~peachey/websynth/

Here is the study's official recruitment notice

We are recruiting participants to take part in a research study that involves the creation of synthesizer patches for musical creativity. This study will explore how participants create patches on a web-based subtractive synthesizer, including the methods in which they find interesting sounds and the interactions required to do so. This study is open to anyone with reasonable hearing and access to the internet using a modern web-browser (such as Chrome or Firefox) on a laptop or desktop computer.

Our synthesizer is provided for free via an online website with the option to use an external USB MIDI keyboard or a built in graphical keyboard to play music. If you agree to participate in our study, you will be asked to create a new synthesizer patch and to play some music using that sound. You are encouraged to repeat this process as many times as you would like. Finally, you will also be asked to fill out a very brief questionnaire outlining your experience with synthesizers in general and with our synthesizer specifically.

Furthermore, consenting to participating in our study is not a requirement for using our synthesizer. You are welcome to interact with the website and synthesizer for enjoyment purposes only. If you have any additional questions, please contact the lead researcher, Matthew Peachey, at [peacheym@dal.ca](mailto:peacheym@dal.ca).

To access the synthesizer and study, please visit the website below on a modern web-browser such as Chrome or Firefox.

Website URL: https://web.cs.dal.ca/~peachey/websynth

submitted by /u/MPeachey3
[link] [comments]