Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Doug McKechnie: Synth pioneer history forgot?
Staff
#1
0
0
Doug McKechnie: Synth pioneer history forgot?

I was put onto Doug McKechnie reading an article about "albums you may have missed" that featured his compilation record San Francisco Moog: 1968​-​72 Vol. 2. I was surprised I had never heard of him and that this reddit seems to have no posts related to him, while all that I'm reading about him indicates he's a synth pioneer. He'd give performances at art shows and hippie fests on a Moog Modular Series III (serial #004...that he sold to Tangerine Dream). His performances gained enough traction that he got to play at Altamont. He was Tangerine Dreamin' before Tangerine Dream was and was basically an acid-loving psychedelic electronic music-making West Coast hippy that was doing it on a Moog instead of a Buchla. From what I read, he didn't really put out any albums, so that's possibly why you don't really see him mentioned. Am I the only one that hasn't heard of him on here? Anyway, for those in the same boat as me, here's a recent interview that gives a nice summary of what he's done and what he's doing: https://www.musicradar.com/news/doug-mckechnie-synth-pioneer

submitted by /u/emorello
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Mike Beigel: 1947–2026
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:21 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Baby Audio announce HyperWarp
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:21 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
EastWest to introduce Hollywood Scoring ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:21 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Arturia update the AstroLab
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:21 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
WaveMachine Labs Drumagog 6 arrives
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:21 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Warm Audio launch the Mod Series
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:21 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
fedDSP release quadCHO
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:21 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Bass++ Mods
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:09 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
IK Multimedia Tonex 2 Player now availab...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:09 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8