Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the most ridiculously over-priced synth you've seen listed on Reverb?
Staff
What's the most ridiculously over-priced synth you've seen listed on Reverb?

So, I used to get a bit frustrated seeing so many horrendously over-priced synth listings on Reverb, but recently I started looking at it a bit differently. Now, I am actually finding some comedic relief in some of these ridiculous listings and have been getting quite good laughs especially over the past few weeks.

So, I would like to hear some of the examples you have seen in the past couple of years or so.

I will start it off with a "great" example: https://reverb.com/item/64069533-roland-jp-8080

List guy is listing a Roland JP-8080 for a cool $5,000! That might sound like a bad deal but it's actually $2,750 off his originally listing price of $7,750 lol! So, you're getting an amazing 35% off lol! He lists the condition as Very Good, which seems fair based on the pics. Here's the funny part... these go for $1,300-$1,500 in Excellent condition (1 better grade) and the highest 1 sold in the last 18 months was $1,800 for a pristine Mint version. So, dude's "discounted" price is roughly 4x-5x the going price for one in this condition!

Some more comedy from his description:

"Comes with the rare matching rack ears." rare... really? these were issued with all original units and almost every unit listed for sale includes these lol

"This is actually the synth I least want to sell… and so I won’t let it go cheap"... well duh, clearly you DONT want to sell it at that joke of a price lol

"You won’t find a better USA domestic located JP-8080." really? then what about the handful in better condition than yours from the USA that are CURRENTLY listed on Reverb? Heck, there's a mint one available less than 200 miles from my house lol.

submitted by /u/MMariota-8
[link] [comments]