Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Changing Synths. How do you do it?
Staff
#1
0
0
Changing Synths. How do you do it?

I'm a guitar player that likely became interested in synthesizers because it's got a lot of knobs like my pedals. I bet there are lot like me here. Anyway, my current setup is just a digitone and digitakt. The digitakt is the main clock and feeds midi into my digitakt and then through into my looper for guitar. I like the setup a lot. However, lately I've really been wanting to get into the analog world. I'm a big ambient guy so I'm pretty interested in picking up a polysynth first, have been looking at the Prophet Rev2. Here's my question. I've built a whole set around my current setup. I have patches and program banks configured. The whole 9 yards. I genuinely am having trouble understanding how anyone makes these kind of moves. Like, when I change guitars or guitar pedals, I don't have to worry about this kind of thing. But synths on the other hand, do not translate the same way. Even if I get a Rev2 and settle into that, one day i'm assuming i'll want to try other things and then what do I do with patches i've programmed on that for songs that I play live? How do you guys deal with this? Just curious.

submitted by /u/sliz_315
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Shure’s MV6 gets Gen 2 upgrade
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
iFi audio reveal the GR2 MT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
MOTU Digital Performer 12 now available
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Roland update Zenology GX for iPad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Volt Gen 2 & Volt Max interfaces from Un...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Novation launch the FLpad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Phoenix from Spitfire Audio & BT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Vinyl DJ 2026: Essential Gear for Perfec...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Stylophone Mini: Honey I Shrunk the Styl...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0