Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there a simple way to patch a stereo pan?
Staff
Is there a simple way to patch a stereo pan?

As I get closer to filling my rack I'm trying out various patching ideas to get a better idea of a more practical module layout. current layout: (modulargrid link)

After recently completing a DIY build on a Befaco STMIX, I finally have the chance to explore stereo patching. I'm currently trying to figure out how to patch a stereo crossfade pan and am having only limited success so far. I realise that I could probably just use the Roland Aira customiser or Disting Mk4 for a stereo pan, but for this challenge I'm trying to figure out if I have the means to patch it directly? If I split a signal into 2 VCAs, I should be able to send an inverted(+offset?) CV to the second VCA so that as one VCA "opens", the other "closes".

So far when I try this, I'm only able to get a "left-silence-right, \/" type pan, i.e. at the centre of the knob both VCA's are closed. I suspect it might have something to do with the offset on the inverted CV. If that is the case, it seems to me - to achieve a stereo pan effect I need 3 attenuverters (the entire Triatt) and 2 VCA's. Is there an easier way to do this with what I have in my rig (apart from using the Disting or Bitrazer)?

I just picked up that Intellijel uFade and I was hoping it might be bidirectional like the Elby ES12, but alas it doesn't seem to be. Not sure if it might still help in this patch anyway?

submitted by /u/Stutz-Jr
[link] [comments]