Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arturia Microfreak Quick Patch Fixes: Michtack, 808 St M8, L9n1 and Quick Review
Staff
Arturia Microfreak Quick Patch Fixes: Michtack, 808 St M8, L9n1 and Quick Review

14 - Michtack25 - 808 St M826 - L9n1

These are jacked and janky on the latest firmware. (1.1.2.390) Apparently they worked earlier. I wouldn't know. New to the MFreak game.

First, if your presets are write-protected, and they will be unless you or somebody else changed things: Utility>Misc>Mem Protect and set it to OFF

For a quick fix of these three broken patches, head to each patch and hit the "Type" button three times to change to HPF. Then save the patch. (Long-hold "Save" for quick-save.)

Rinse and repeat.

Optional: Undo the Mem Protect change.

I was so reluctant to get this synth. I already have the Korg MS2000, Behringer DeepMind 12, Arturia Microbrute, Moog Theremini, and a couple of drone synths, and limited space. My wife was encouraging me to get it, mostly because she's looking for an excuse to buy unneeded toys herself.

Fine. I did it. Some guy was selling this unopened for $250 on Reverb. It arrived a few hours ago. I poked around on it for five minutes--long enough to know I was experiencing bugs. My previous experience with the Arturia Microbrute (and months of lurking in Microfreak discussions) correctly led me to believe a firmware update might fix things.

Updating firmware was easy enough. Haven't run into a problem since. ...I mean, other than the broken patches. I googled around for a bit and found no solutions, so I poked the Freak for a minute and lucked into the HPF fix after only a minute.

I still only have a half-hour or so on the Microfreak, but I already know I love it. It's so small, light, and versatile. I have an Akai MPK Mini Play for travel keyboarding, but I think I'll use this for some of my key-poking on the go in the future, instead.

I'm especially fond of the presets as jumping-off points for creative song and/or patch making. I know enough about synths to know what much of the Microfreak panel does, but I look forward to learning more.

If you're on the fence about the freak, just get one. Blame me. I'll be making noise on this at the Synth Band Dot Com thing tomorrow.

submitted by /u/uncoolcentral
[link] [comments]