Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roland Boutique JU-06a Pitch Bend / Modulation Question
Staff
Roland Boutique JU-06a Pitch Bend / Modulation Question

Maybe you guys here can help me out. I'm sorry but I know very little about synthesizers as I grew up playing drums and guitar. My father is a professional musician and plays locally with a singer in our area at least 6 gigs per week [Wednesday-Sunday with two on Saturday]. His main keyboard is a Yamaha P120 and he has three of them, two of which I've had to replace the keybeds on. He use to have a Juno 60 when I was a kid and he would love to get his hands on one but finding one in decent condition is very difficult unless you want to spend a lot of money. He has been looking at getting the JU-06 for a while now and from the reviews I've read the JU-06a was highly praised compared to the original Boutique module. The unfortunate thing is that the "a" version of the Roland module does not have the pitch bend and modulation sliders. I was wondering if anyone knew if there was any way to get the pitch bend and modulation on the JU-06a. I've tried to search for a second device that would add that capability but I've hit a bit of a wall. From what I've read it seems like the synthesizer itself has to have the pitch bend and modulation included in order for it to work. My father said it wasn't a big deal as most modern songs don't utilize it and it would only be a problem if he plays some older 80's songs. I'd like to surprise him by finding a way to at least add pitch bend to the synth and modulation would be great too if possible. Does anyone know of a device that can be used to accomplish this by passing the sound from the JU-06a through a standalone pitch bend, modulator and then out to his mixer. If so that would be great and if not does anyone have a suggestion to get relatively similar results when playing live. Thanks for the help.

submitted by /u/timreed5656
[link] [comments]