Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sequencers or drum machines with analog clock
Staff
Sequencers or drum machines with analog clock

Reposting from r/synthesizers since I am getting a feeling people are not too helpful there

Hello I am researching the world of semi modular synths and trying to find a good starting point by watching videos of product demos and seeing what is within a range of sounds that I enjoy. It seems the 0 coast is a good unit to take care of "melody" (use the term loosely) and abstract sounds.

In terms of rhythm I was bent on the drum brute but after watching some more videos I understood that it is not what I am looking for, for the sound is too classic, and I prefer something more experimental and unique soundwise.

Found the Moog dfam and really enjoy the sounds I hear, sounds more organic and with more possibility to find fresh sounds.

Here comes my question. I understand that many analog drum machines and sequencers have a CPU at heart and create the pulse through it. I would like the rhythm in my setup to be based on an analog pulse, without CPU, as I understand is the case with the Analogue solutions Generator sequencer whose clock works using an LFO.

Is this the case on the Dfam? Any other suggestions for drum machines with this characteristic, and possibly sequencers?

I am still not sure what I am looking for as a whole but would like to start with the 0 coast and a drum machine. Or 0 coast, sequencer and something that can make percussion sounds. I know the 0 coast is capable of this but I think it will limit my freedom too much to have it do this.

TLBig GrinR looking for analog clock sequencer or drum machines, similar to clock used in analogue solutions generator, sub 1000eur definitely, hopefully around 500-600 or so.

Any advice is appreciated

submitted by /u/lastpork
[link] [comments]