Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Detuning?: Why and where to use it?
Staff
#1
0
0
Detuning?: Why and where to use it?

Hey all, I'm a novice synth user/musician, classically I was trained on violin. I would like to know why it is tasteful or interesting to use detune while creating tracks using synthesizers? Coming from a stringed instrument background, it seems like having other parts of the track creating harmonies, while having a lead, let's say, have a slight detune to it sticks out like a sore thumb. I'm wondering why producers/musicians do this? Is my ear just messed up and I am expecting something that I've concocted in my own mind as superior or "good sounding"? Is it coming from a physics perspective of cutting off certain tones in the frequency by detuning? I'm just generally curious about this perspective and setting from other synthesizer/producer enthusiasts. Thanks!

submitted by /u/crabmanster
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Vinyl DJ 2026: Essential Gear for Perfec...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Stylophone Mini: Honey I Shrunk the Styl...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Sonuscore The Pulse: Synth Wave & Epic A...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Strymon launch the La Brea
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Sync Audio release MegaMorph
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Wes Audio unveil the ngOmniBox
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Zynaptiq introduce Loud & Wide
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Infrasonic: The Cutting Sessions
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
The Asura from Animal Factory Amps
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0