Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
I want a pitch bend that's just a doorstopper (or something similar)
Staff
#1
0
0
I want a pitch bend that's just a doorstopper (or something similar)

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>DISCLAIMER: This is a real ADHD thought I had, so please don't take it too seriously. But I'd still love to hear discussion!</p> <p>Yes, this was inspired by one of Simon the Magpies videos recently where he messes with a doorstop on his modular. He mostly just used it for the sound.</p> <p>But I want a doorstop (or other spring close to that) to be used as a pitch bend. It would be so easy to bend the pitch, you can either just push it, or pull/flick it however far back you want to get some real wild vibrato. <em>However</em>, I do acknowledge that it would probably get a bit irritating as it would be hard to stop it completely, which I imagine why nothing like this has been done. Also, maybe a bit of a loose doorstopper would work best, as those tight ones would be ridiculously fast and it probably wouldn't sound that great</p> <p>But it was just a weird thought I had! And I'd love to hear what you peeps think.</p> <p>...or maybe modulation?</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/aarong914"> /u/aarong914 </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/id3pgd/i_want_a_pitch_bend_thats_just_a_doorstopper_or/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/id3pgd/i_want_a_pitch_bend_thats_just_a_doorstopper_or/">[comments]</a></span>
Reply


Messages In This Thread
I want a pitch bend that's just a doorstopper (or something similar) - by SynthWizard - 08-20-2020, 07:57 AM

Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Ambient Machines: 5 Synths and Devices f...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 01:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Squier Savings for Starters: Deals of th...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 01:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Trilling Synth DARP - Dreamy Dual Arpegg...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 11:55 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Squier Savings for Starters: Deals of th...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 01:57 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 13
Behringer Jam and Jam Play: Kick Out the...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 01:57 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 17
PWM Preferences!
Last Post: SynthWizard
10-09-2026 11:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 16
In-browser video synthesizer (work in pr...
Last Post: SynthWizard
10-09-2026 10:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 15
Soniccouture reveal Scanner: Library
Last Post: SynthWizard
10-09-2026 08:20 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 22
Behringer Jam and Jam Play: Kick Out the...
Last Post: SynthWizard
10-09-2026 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 22