Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Detuning?: Why and where to use it?
Staff
#1
0
0
Detuning?: Why and where to use it?

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>Hey all, I'm a novice synth user/musician, classically I was trained on violin. I would like to know why it is tasteful or interesting to use detune while creating tracks using synthesizers? Coming from a stringed instrument background, it seems like having other parts of the track creating harmonies, while having a lead, let's say, have a slight detune to it sticks out like a sore thumb. I'm wondering why producers/musicians do this? Is my ear just messed up and I am expecting something that I've concocted in my own mind as superior or &quot;good sounding&quot;? Is it coming from a physics perspective of cutting off certain tones in the frequency by detuning? I'm just generally curious about this perspective and setting from other synthesizer/producer enthusiasts. Thanks!</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/crabmanster"> /u/crabmanster </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/luxe2g/detuning_why_and_where_to_use_it/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/luxe2g/detuning_why_and_where_to_use_it/">[comments]</a></span>
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Detuning?: Why and where to use it? - by SynthWizard - 03-01-2021, 10:08 AM

Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Antares release AutoTune Advanced
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:15 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Expressive E update the Osmose
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:15 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Synchro Arts unveil VocAlign 7
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:15 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Polyend introduce the Loop
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:15 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Waves introduce Tracks Live 2.0
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:15 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
SoundBridge 3.2.0 arrives
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:15 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Kreuzberg Audio reveal Oberton
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:15 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Scanner:Library VST Instrument : Sonicco...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:21 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Jacob Collier's Wiggly World of Music : ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:21 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1