Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Waldorf Iridium versus... pretty much the world? A workflow quandary
Staff
#1
0
0
Waldorf Iridium versus... pretty much the world? A workflow quandary

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>Been debating picking up the Iridium for a very, very long time.</p> <p>I've always been into physical controls - started off on a piano, picked up hardware synths during the pandemic, and the rest has been history. I don't like staring at screens. Knobs feel good.</p> <p>This got a lot more complex after I was gifted Ableton Live recently. I've finished more tracks in a month on Ableton than I have the whole time I've been making music with a pencil and sheet music.</p> <p>Not sure what direction to take this. On one hand, I come up with a ton of ideas and absolutely feel the flow state when I'm jamming on hardware and traditional instruments. On the other hand, I actually manage to finish things when I go the DAW route. It's a very different feel. Very methodical. Very procedural.</p> <p>I've been staring at the Iridium in my check out basket, and it's a weird thought that it's literally the same as being able to get every plug-in tool I've been wanting to enhance my workflow - Serum, Omnisphere, Phase Plant, pretty much every FabFilter plug-in I need, and maybe even have enough left over for a Faderfox controller or a Launchpad Mk 3. Super hard to justify. But not quite the same.</p> <p>Would love to hear thoughts from folks who have been here and can relate, I'm pretty stumped. Debated between posting this in here or in music makers, so I guess the fact that it's here is a bit of a spoiler on what side I'm hoping the coin comes down on... honestly want to hear thoughts from both sides though.</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/Qiao212"> /u/Qiao212 </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/swyjws/waldorf_iridium_versus_pretty_much_the_world_a/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/swyjws/waldorf_iridium_versus_pretty_much_the_world_a/">[comments]</a></span>
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Waldorf Iridium versus... pretty much the world? A workflow quandary - by SynthWizard - 02-20-2022, 03:40 PM

Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Overtonium Is A Free, Open-Source Additi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Woovebox Packs A Synth, Sampler And Sequ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Free Emulator Brings Waldorf Wave Sound ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Polyend Intros Loop 8-Track Performance ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Boss launch the EX-4 Effects Expander
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Native Instruments update Maschine
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Shear Electronics Reliq Meets Anthony Ma...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Finalist 2 from Tim Exile
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
Two notes to launch the Captor X Pro
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9