Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
I want the D.
Staff
#1
0
0
I want the D.

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>I'm late to get on the hype train. I knew about it already, but last night I read up on the Behringer Model D after trying an old Minimoog at a friend's house. I wasn't impressed with the modulation options and spent only like 15 minutes checking the raw osc sounds and filter.</p> <p>After coming home, I watched <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pRiUSf_QFw">this brilliant comparison by Synthpro posted in August</a> and immediately decided &quot;Yeah, I want this&quot;.</p> <p>The price point is a big part of it. But also, the sound itself, the attitude of cloning a synth and selling it at 10% of the cost of the original. Cheeky, but feels so good.</p> <p>The bit about being able to midi chain them for polyphony is also a bit awesome. Not that I would buy more than one, no. I really shouldn't. </p> <p>I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes the go-to synth for all kinds of synthesists. But surely it can't be ALL that, can it?</p> <p>What speaks against it? Do you have something (bad) to say about its character, execution, business practices, colour scheme, font style?</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/ChocLife"> /u/ChocLife </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/7qn9vq/i_want_the_d/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/7qn9vq/i_want_the_d/">[comments]</a></span>
Reply


Messages In This Thread
I want the D. - by SynthWizard - 01-15-2018, 06:28 PM

Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Overtonium Is A Free, Open-Source Additi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Woovebox Packs A Synth, Sampler And Sequ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Free Emulator Brings Waldorf Wave Sound ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Polyend Intros Loop 8-Track Performance ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Boss launch the EX-4 Effects Expander
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Native Instruments update Maschine
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Shear Electronics Reliq Meets Anthony Ma...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Finalist 2 from Tim Exile
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
Two notes to launch the Captor X Pro
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9