Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for a mixer with a specific feature.
Staff
Looking for a mixer with a specific feature.

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>H!</p> <p>Not sure if I'm thinking of this in the best way, so maybe you all have a better idea for me.</p> <p>I (think) I need a mixer that has some sort of monitor send, or parallel channel.</p> <p>My example of how I'd use it:</p> <p>I have 3 synths, an MPC Live playing the part of drum machine and sampler, and an effects pedal board. I'm looking for a mixer that can have all of these playing in my headphones/speakers (easy), be able to send any of the synths at to the pedal board (also easy/standard using send/returns), but here's the kicker; I want to then be able to send just Synth1 (isolated), effected by the pedal board, into the MPC's single audio input to sample whatever it is I have going on. But, then, it would be cool to then be able to mess around with Synth 2, send <em>that</em> through the effects send, and then send it along to sample <em>that</em>. </p> <p>Problem is, I can't seem to figure it out, without having the MPC get stuck in a feedback loop when sampling. </p> <p>I was looking at the Mackie ProFx8v2, which has monitor sends, which is what I <em>think</em> need. Of course it's a discontinued item, and I just don't know enough about mixers to know if there is one that is comparable in price (under $200), size, and the feature I think I need. </p> <p>Definitely do not want a Behringer mixer...</p> <p>Any help is greatly appreciated!</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/GlowPole"> /u/GlowPole </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/f83n34/looking_for_a_mixer_with_a_specific_feature/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/f83n34/looking_for_a_mixer_with_a_specific_feature/">[comments]</a></span>

Messages In This Thread
Looking for a mixer with a specific feature. - by SynthWizard - 02-23-2020, 12:35 AM