Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Do you have to be able to read music to progress?
Staff
#1
0
0
Do you have to be able to read music to progress?

I am now at the point where (Using a DAW) I am able to play and make songs to a reasonable standard and have been doing so which is great. However even after trying I am absolutely awful at reading music, I can tell what the notes are but reading them at enough speed to play in both hands seems impossible. The way I learn songs currently is:

  1. By ear, I listen and then fiddle for ages till it sounds right (Don't have perfect pitch)
  2. Watching people play it and then copying

I am however a drummer so am fine with rythm, but notes are so hard!! Does anyone know any techniques to get better or say a website or something that can "train you".

On another note, I have been looking at hardware recently, I already play on a midi keyboard but the DAW interfaces do lack the physical "Adjusting knobs" side of things. Does anyone know either very cheap options or ways to buy partially broken synths that have say a few things not working?

submitted by /u/ChippyGaming21
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Austrian Audio introduce the OC616
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:20 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Shure’s MV6 gets Gen 2 upgrade
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:20 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
iFi audio reveal the GR2 MT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:20 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
MOTU Digital Performer 12 now available
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:20 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Roland update Zenology GX for iPad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:20 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Volt Gen 2 & Volt Max interfaces from Un...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:20 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Novation launch the FLpad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:20 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Phoenix from Spitfire Audio & BT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 09:22 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Sonuscore The Pulse: Synth Wave & Epic A...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 09:22 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3